Marakanda project illuminates historic market in Florence
A digital mosaic illuminating the façade of San Lorenzo market in Florence (Italy) was inaugurated on December 20th by Marakanda, a standard project aiming to valorize typical Mediterranean historic city markets in Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Lebanon and Spain.
The video installation, which focuses on concepts like food, culture, people, exchange and cooperation, is part of the 2012 edition of F-Light festival.
design& direction: STEFANO FAKE
video design: THE FAKE FACTORY
This event celebrates the 30th anniversary of the inclusion of the Florence historic center as UNESCO world heritage city and concerns prestigious buildings such as “Loggia dei Lanzi”, Bargello tower, the campanile of Badia Fiorentina and the basilica of Santa Maria Novella.
Do not miss the opportunity to discover the video installation realized by Marakanda which will continue to illuminate the market of San Lorenzo until December 31st.
Marakanda is coordinated by the Municipality of Florence (Italy, Toscana) and gathers 9 organisations from 6 countries:
• Municipality of Genoa (Italy, Liguria)
• Local Authorities Union of Xanthi District (Greece, Anatoliki Makedonia – Thraki)
• Municipality of Limassol (Cyprus)
• University of Genoa – Research Centre in Town Planning and Ecological Engineering (Italy, Liguria)
• Municipal Institute of Markets of Barcelona (Spain, Cataluña)
• PLURAL – European Study Centre (Italy, Liguria)
• Municipality of Favara (Italy, Sicilia)
• National Research Centre (Egypt)
• Souk El Tayeb (Lebanon)